CHEARUL CLIENT AGREEMENT
This agreement contains important information about our professional services and business policies, and how it can relate to you. It is very important that you read this document carefully before starting your sessions with your chosen specialist. Any questions you have can be discussed during your session. You are free to stop your sessions and revoke this agreement at any time, and we will continue to adhere to the points outlined below.
At Chearful we adhere to the highest international standards of practice, to make sure we maintain the security, confidentiality, and uphold the privacy of your information.
The work you do with your specialist is a cooperative learning process that is based on commitment and trust so you can explore the problems that brought you to seek out the specialist of your choice. Research has found that
- At times this process may cause feelings of discomfort and in the case of mental wellbeing and life coaching sessions, a realization that a loss or previously unresolved issue may contribute to your current situation.
- The greater the investment and commitment you make to the sessions with your specialist, by expressing your feelings and opinions, keeping to your schedule, and committing to the practice, the more successful this endeavor will be for you.
- Sometimes outside “homework” such as reading, journal writing, exercising, maintaining a specific diet or simply taking better care of yourself, is helpful.
Under Under internationally accepted code of ethics associated with Health Information, particularly information shared during a session, is strictly confidential and will not be disclosed without your authorization in either written and/or in digital format, except in these situations:
- When there is clear and immediate danger to you, other individuals, or society, your specialist is required to intervene. If he/she believes you pose a life-threatening risk to yourself or to others, he/she may need to notify responsible individuals for your protection. In this case, he/she may call your emergency contact person, a friend or relative, or contact the relevant authorities
- Abuse reporting laws require wellbeing specialists to report suspected cases of any abuse to the authorities. Abuse and neglect may include physical, emotional or sexual abuse of children or the abandonment of children.
- If you are involved in a court proceeding and a request is made for information concerning your wellbeing, your specialist will not disclose information without your authorization (or your legal representative’s written authorization, a subpoena or court order)
- To receive payment from insurance companies, or other agencies, information about your sessions may be requested for clarification. When disclosing this information, reasonable efforts will be taken to limit what is shared to the minimum necessary to accomplish the intended purpose of the disclosure. If your account becomes delinquent, we may release minimal information to a collection agency to obtain payment.
- At times, your chosen specialist may consult with a peer if he/she feels it is needed to offer the best possible help for you. During the consultation, every effort is made by your specialist (who is expected to ensure) to avoid revealing the identity of the client.
- You should be aware that we may employ administrative staff and may utilize contract labor as a business practice. It may be necessary to share information with them related to enabling/completing scheduling, billing, bookkeeping, and/or any quality assurance related processes. All our core staff and/or direct contract employees are bound by the same rules of confidentiality and have been given training about protecting your privacy.
- Clients under 18 years of age who are not emancipated should be aware that the law may allow parents to examine their records unless the specialist decides that such access is likely to be harmful to the child. Because privacy is often crucial to the healing process, particularly with teenagers, it is often the policy to request an agreement from the parents that they consent to give up their access to their child’s records. If they agree, at the least the specialist will provide them with general information about the child’s treatment, and attendance at scheduled sessions. The sharing of any other information is based on an agreement between the parents and the specialist. Any other communication will require the child’s authorization unless the child is in danger or is a danger to someone else, in which case the specialist will notify the parents of their concern. Before giving parents information, the specialist will discuss the matter with the child, if possible, and do her/his best to handle any objections the child might have.
- If a government agency is requesting information for health oversight activities, we are required to provide it for them, and will do so with as much adherence to confidentiality as is possible
- If a client files a worker’s compensation claim, your specialist may disclose information relevant to that claim to the client’s employer or insurer.
- We reserve the right to use the information you reveal to us to evaluate our services and conduct research. Anonymity will be maintained.
In any instance, we and your specialist will make every effort to notify you before taking any action and will limit the disclosure to what is necessary.
Appointments can be scheduled online with your specialist as per the availability indicated on their respective schedules. Specialists indicate their availability based on the time and effort they gauge is required for each of their clients, and in respect of their work, we request that you keep your scheduled appointments.
Session fees will be as indicated online, for each specialist, who set their own fees. You will be expected to enter your debit/credit card details at the time of your appointment booking and at which time your debit/ credit card will be charged the session fees and any associated transaction fees levied by us. We will hold the session fee amount in escrow until the completion time of the session. If your insurance provider has a different arrangement, you must notify us and your specialist ahead of time. If you have concerns regarding your payment, this may be discussed with your specialist.
If you become involved in legal proceedings that require your specialist’s participation, you will be expected to pay for any professional time, including preparation and transportation costs, even if he/she is called to testify by another party.
If you If you must cancel an appointment or reschedule, please notify your specialist 24 hours before the appointment time. Cancellations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged your regular fee. In some instances, last minute appointment cancellations may be considered on a case by case basis. Proof of emergency may be requested. It is important to note that insurance companies do not provide reimbursement for canceled sessions
No Show (CLIENT):
If you If you fail to show up for your scheduled appointment without notifying us ahead of time, none of the session fee amount collected will be reimbursed to you.
No Show (SPECIALIST):
If the specialist fails to show up for the scheduled session, then you may request us for reimbursement of the session fee amount that you paid at the time of booking. The platform holds the discretionary rights to undertake a reimbursement. Note all reimbursements will be subject to transaction fees, which will be deducted from the amount of the session fee reimbursable to you.
If you have any concerns with your session/specialist and you are requesting for a reimbursement of the session charges, you will need to provide any proof/evidence via email at email@example.com and the Chearful team will review the information provided. If any reimbursements are to be made, they will be subject to transaction fees, which will be deducted from the final amount.
Length and Termination of Therapy Sessions:
The number of sessions may vary depending on your reason and need. Your specialist will consider individual factors and discuss a time frame that meets your needs and is comfortable for you. Because of the importance of the relationship between client and specialist, we encourage you to talk with him/her if you are considering leaving and stopping your sessions.
If you feel that you need immediate assistance, you should contact the closest emergency center.
The terms of this agreement may need to be modified based on best practices and/or changes to local and international health service laws. Any changes will be shared with you by your specialist.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS AGREEMENT, PLEASE ASK YOUR SPECIALIST. YOUR SIGNATURE BELOW INDICATES THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ITS TERMS